Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vermont and Maine....

Hayden and I spent last week taking a little journey of New England with the grandparents.
We had a great time and wished we could have stayed longer.
Other then the fact that is was unseasonable cooler then normal,
it is a BEAUTIFUL part of the country.

We arrived Monday early evening in Burlington, VT.
This is a great view from Burlington looking over Lake Champlain and the Catskills.
I would double click on this to see all the detail since it is a wide shot.
Looking back towards Burlington...
I should clarify now that it rained 2 of the 5 days we were gone so I didn't get to take
as many 'scenic' photos. Sorry...

We spent a day in Woodstock, VT. This is a really neat village.
Here's Pops 'shopping'....
One of the many covered bridges that we saw but the only one
I took a picture of... :-(

Between Woodstock and the New Hampshire border lies the Quechee Gorge,
"Vermont's Little Grand Canyon".
In this picture, we are standing on a bridge looking down 165 ft.
(yes, I only had my zoom lens on at the time...
I would hate for you to be as scared as I was looking down)
another shot...straight down
We then drove to Ogunquit, Maine. I loved this village!
The weather was perfect while we were there.
Great pic, Gramma!
Overlooking one of the bay areas....
A pretty house...oh and how about the purple Bentley!
Pops and Gramma...
The flowers were EVERYWHERE and they were AMAZING!
Just pretty...
The next day we drove up the coast.
"Walker Point" in Kennebunkport - The Bush compound.
Activity at the compound....the guy in front with the lighter blue seems to be
one of the sons (not Jr.) from some of the other pics I took.
Waiting patiently while I photograph 100's of the next picture...
This was still in front of the 'compound'
the boat in view in George Sr. little toy...
St. Ann's Rectory
worth double clicking...
a view from the front steps of the church...
inside the church...whole thing was stone
great colored walls in New England...
Kennebunkport village...
Back in Vermont....
Time to visit ole Ben and Jerry's!
They have a 'graveyard' for all the flavors that didn't survive!
A 'view' from the backside of the building.
My little peace sign loving, free-spirited, would have been a hippie child!

Sorry to be so disappointing with the pictures...I actually took over 600 but most of them were of flowers! I was really enjoying them. We spent a lot of time in the car and not much time stopping. It is a beautiful place and would recommend it to everyone!

Mountains, streams, waterfalls, colored barns and silos till your hearts content!



2 comments:

Gregg said...

Nice sampling of your adventure!

Kelli said...

Not disappointed at all!! Gorgeous photos!!